BEST AIR FRYERS IN INDIA
The word air fryer itself can be misleading, as this appliance does much more than fry. It roasts, grills, fries and even bakes.
HOW DOES AN AIR FRYER WORK
Actually, air fryers do not fry. The food is kept in a perforated basket and the machine blows hot air around it to cook. A convection effect is produced by the force of air that cooks the food inside the basket and gives a brown effect in the exterior. As soon as the temperature of air reaches to 320 F, food like fries or tater tots turn brown anyway and breaded foods like frozen chicken get tender.
WHAT CAN WE MAKE IN AN AIR FRYER?
- Frozen food can be made crispy and nice in an air fryer.
- Cookies can be made easily in an air fryer as it does not require to be preheated.
- Steak can be cooked in an air fryer with patience and practice.
- The air fryer avoids zoodles from getting soggy.
- Brussels sprouts get crispy in the air fryer even without oil.
WHAT CAN’T BE MADE IN AN AIR FRYER?
- Broccoli can dry out in an air fryer.
- Avoid cooking large chicken in an air fryer as it won’t cook evenly.
- Fresh green vegetables are not appropriate for an air fryer as they might fly everywhere.
- Cheese can create a mess in an air fryer.
- Any food item with liquid batter and seasoned items should not be kept in an air fryer.
POINTS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING AN AIR FRYER
- It’s loud and smokes a lot.
- The food can not be seen while cooking.
- It will not do battered food.
- You still have to add oil and it goes only up to 400 degrees.
- Entirely coated with a non-stick surface from the inside.
TOP AIR FRYERS IN INDIA
- PHILIPS DAILY COLLECTION AIR FRYER HD9218/53
- IBELL AF2.3 LITRE 1200W CRISPY AIR FRYER
- STOK AIR FRYER 2.6 LITRE 1350-WATT
- KORYO 2.6 L AIR FRYER
- PIGEON SUPER 12044 3.2 -LITRE AIR FRYER
- GLEN RAPID AIR FRYER 3043 1350W
- PRESTIGE PAF 4.0 2.2-LITRE AIR FRYER
- KENSTAR ASTER DIGI 1500 WATT OXY FRYER
- PHILIPS VIVA COLLECTION HD 9220 AIR FRYER
- INALSA AIR FRYER FRY-LIGHT-1400W
PHILIPS DAILY COLLECTION AIR FRYER HD9218/53
- Philips air fryer with rapid air technology helps in grilling, baking, and roasting your dishes.
- Up to 90% less fat.
- Up to 200-degree C temperature control.
- Warranty of 2 years.
- 1425 watts of power.
- The cord length is 1.8 m.
- Includes an Air fryer, product manual, and warranty card.
PRICE – 12995 Rs
IBELL AF23B 2.3 LITRE 1200W CRISPY AIR FRYER
- Ibell air fryer with rapid smart air technology.
- Preparing for usage: place the appliance on a plain horizontal surface that is heat resistant and then place the basket in the frying tray properly making sure not to fill the frying tray with oil or any liquid.
- warranty: 1 year
- Power of 1200W and supply of 220 to 240V.
- Fast consistent heat and rapid air convection.
PRICE – 3099 Rs
STOK AIR FRYER 2.6 LITRE
- Rapid technology: bake, roast, air fry, grill, steam and saute.
- The capacity of 2.6 litres.
- Temperature can be controlled from 80 to 200 degrees C.
- Includes a recipe book and 1 extra grill.
- The cooking timer is up to 30 minutes.
PRICE – 5999 Rs
KORYO 2.6 L AIR FRYER
- Suitable for healthy frying, roasting, grilling, and baking.
- Cooks food with up to 80% less oil.
- Temperature control is from 80 to up to 200 degrees C.
- The capacity of 2.6 litres and 1350 watts of power.
- The timer is up to 30 minutes.
- Warranty of 1 year.
- Cooking attachments included – a silicon brush, silicone cupcake moulds, a cake barrel, a pizza pan, and a recipe book.
PRICE – 7990 Rs
PIGEON SUPER 12044 3.2 LITRE AIR FRYER
- Bake, grill, roast, or fry with just little oil.
- The product includes a warranty of 1 year.
- Power:1500 watts
- It consists of auto switch-off features.
- Item weight: 5 kg 86 g
PRICE – 8870 Rs
GLEN RAPID AIR FRYER 3043 1350W
- The capacity: 3.2 litres
- 30 minutes timer
- Roast and bake
- Fry and grill
- 2 years warranty
PRESTIGE PAF 4.0 2.2 L AIR FRYER
- Fry, grill, roast and bake.
- Consists of a time and temperature controller.
- Capacity: 2.2 Litres.
- The voltage is 230V.
- The wattage of 1400W.
PRICE – 6445 Rs
KENSTAR ASTER DIGI 1500-WATT OXY FRYER
- 7 pre-sets
- Digital control
- Fry, bake and grill.
- 1-year warranty on the product.
- Non-stick coating food basket.
PRICE – 10290 Rs
PHILIPS VIVA COLLECTION HD 9220
- Voltage: 230V
- Power: 1425W
- Time control: up to 30 minutes.
- Low-fat fryer
- Fry, grill, roast and bake.
PRICE – 12995 Rs
- 2.3 Litres, 1200 Watt
- Power requirement: 220V
- 85% less oil than frying
- The timer of 30 minutes.
- 2 years warranty.
PRICE – 3395 Rs
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN AIR FRYER AND A CONVECTION OVEN
A convection oven looks similar to a standard toaster. The difference between a convection oven and a toaster oven is that a convection oven is equipped with a fan which blows hot air into the food. The air blown over the food results to faster cooking by transferring higher temperature on the surface of the food and this also enhances the browning and crisping of food.
Like a toaster oven, a convection oven also has a rack inside that fits a sheet pan.
An air fryer is smaller in size than a convection oven. An air fryer is a more portable version of a convection oven. It consists of a removal basket with a handle and a removable basket inside it. The fan is placed overhead, above a heating element.
As an air fryer is smaller and the fan is closer to the food, it focuses on a high amount of heat on the food directly in a relatively small area.
However, as it is smaller it can only accommodate a fraction of the amount of food that can fit in a convection oven. This means if you are trying to feed more people so you will have to make it in batches, which ultimately take longer time to serve the meal than a convection oven.
PROS AND CONS OF AN AIR FRYER
- HEALTHIER MEALS
It does not require much oil in an air fryer to make your food crispy or brown. Some people just sprinkle a little oil on the food in the process. The hot air uses little oil and drains away excessive oil.
You can use an air fryer to air fry, stir fry, reheat, broil, bake, roast, grill or steam.
3. SPACE SAVING
Some models are small and very compact so that it can be easily stored in small kitchens or dorm rooms. Most of them are about the size of a coffee maker.
4. EASY TO USE
Most air fryers are designed in a way that is very easy to use. It just requires to set the temperature and time, and keep the food inside and keep it aside, if you shake your food once or twice during the cooking cycle it will give you better results. This ensures browning and best results.
- LEARNING CURVE
They are easy to use but still, it has some techniques or steps you have to figure out. It comes with a cooking guide but it mostly contains more recipe recommendations instead of clear instructions. It might take some trails before you get the required results.
2. TAKES UP SPACE
They take up space if you use it frequently so it might not be a problem for you but if you use it occasionally then space it takes on your cabinet might not make it worth to you. It depends on you when you use it.
3. QUALITY ISSUES
Air fryers are made of plastic and metal parts mostly. They may or may not survive of months or years of use. The pans and metal cooking baskets do not last for very long and need to be replaced. Print on the control panel can come off. You can avoid these problems by buying an air fryer from a good company. Many brands have their issues so you can buy an air fryer with an extended warranty for better protection.
4. NOT IDEAL FOR LARGE FAMILIES
Most air fryers are suitable for making food for 1-4 people and only a few can manage cooking for more than 4 people and still might require cooking in batches. For large families, a convection air frying oven would be a better choice.
IS AN AIR FRYER WORTH IT?
Air fryers are just mini versions of a convection ovens. It also consumes space in your kitchen cabinet. It can not cook a large amount of food at a time. So you have to make more batches that consume your time. The taste of air fryer food and food fried in a lot of oil is still different. Air fryer food helps in healthy eating and less messy and easy cooking. It depends on you if you want to invest in a good air fryer, if you have a large family it would be suggested to go for a convection oven but if you have a small family an air fryer will also be appropriate.