BEST AIR PURIFIERS IN INDIA
Technology in the world is getting more advanced day by day. As technology is getting better and more advanced, the rate of pollution is increasing rapidly, especially in India. Pollution in the air, water and nature is becoming a major issue. Hence, it is recommended to use an air purifier to purify the air around us. Air pollution if ignored for a long time can lead to respiratory problems and breathing issues. Before buying any item or product people do many searches to make sure the item they are investing in is worth it or not, so below is a list of the best air purifiers in India that are worth investing in.
WHAT IS AN AIR PURIFIER?
An air purifier is a machine that cleans and filters the air in the surrounding by removing the contaminants from the air and improving the air quality inside the room. This device is mostly used for asthma patients and allergy sufferers. This device is widely used in offices, houses, and most indoor places to get pollution-free air around. Air purifiers can also be used in industries or for commercial purposes to remove germs and impurities from the air before processing it.
HOW DOES AN AIR PURIFIER WORK?
An air purifier removes all impurities and toxins from the air and cleans and purifies the air and blows out clean air. An air purifier takes approx 30 minutes to 3 hours to start working and purifying. An air purifier has fine sieves inside to trap toxins, germs, and viruses. Finer the sieves smaller the particles they can trap. To remove all these particles from the air, air purifiers use electrical attraction, filters, or ozone. HEPA(high-efficiency particulate air) filters guarantee to trap 99.97% of air particles that are larger than 0.3 microns(standard unit to measure the size of the particles in the air) in size. Air conditioners are not as efficient as air purifiers as they can trap particles of 10.0 microns or larger than that.
Negative ion generators, electrostatic precipitating cleaners, and electret filters are the three types of purifiers that work on electrical attraction. They use synthetic fibers to create static charges that attract dust, germs, and particles.
Many tests show that ozone generators are not very effective in removing indoor allergens. Ozone can be hazardous to health and ozone generators emit ozone. They use high-voltage electric current to convert oxygen into ozone which acts as a powerful oxidant and breaks microorganisms in the air. Ozone protects us from harmful UV rays, but on the ground level, it is a powerful lung irritant. Ozone can also damage the lining of your nasal passages and lungs, shortness of breath, chest pain, coughing, and throat irritation. American Lung Association and the Environmental Protection Agency are against ozone generators.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF AN AIR PURIFIER
An air purifier has its advantages and disadvantages too. The use of this device is very beneficial and helps us in keeping our health good and also has some disadvantages that are not too major.
1. Air purifiers can remove all the germs and particles that can be allergic to some people and are bad for health and the body.
2. They also remove pollen and animal hairs from the air and reduces asthma attacks.
3. An air purifier also traps cigarette and tobacco smoke.
- These devices require frequent maintenance and cleaning.
- They can generate some ions or ozone that can be harmful to health.
LIST OF BEST AIR PURIFIERS IN INDIA
1. HONEYWELL AIR TOUCH A-5 AIR PURIFIER
2. PHILIPS 1000 SERIES AC1215/20 AIR PURIFIER
3. MI AIR PURIFIER 2S
4. SAMSUNG AX550 AIR PURIFIER
5. DYSON PURE COOL LINK TOWER TP03 AIR PURIFIER
6. HONEYWELL AIR TOUCH i8 AIR PURIFIER
7. MI AIR PURIFIER 3
8. PHILIPS 2000 SERIES AC2887/20 AIR PURIFIER
9. SHARP FP-J60M AIR PURIFIER
10. BLUE AIR CLASSIC 2801-10
Here is a detailed information of the given air purifiers.
HONEYWELL AIR TOUCH A5-AIR PURIFIER
- CADR of 250 cu m/hr., covers up to 30 sq.m.
- 3-dimensional airflow design for optimized circulation.
- Premium finish and ultra-durable polycarbonate body.
- Consumes power in the range of 1 to 3 CFL bulbs.
- A three-stage advanced filtration system that removes pollutants with more than 99 percent efficiency.
- The product has a 1-year warranty.
2. Filter can last more than 3000 hours after continuous use.
Can make some noise in the beginning.
PRICE – 12290 Rs
PHILIPS 1000 SERIES AC1215/20
- Filters out viruses 99.9%.
- CADR 270 cubic m/hr.
- 2 -year guarantee.
- 0.02-micron m particle filtration.
- tested by ECARF and Airmid.
Product quality is good and best for people with allergies
Not efficient in removing odor.
PRICE – 11995
MI AIR PURIFIER 2S
- CADR of 310 cu m/hr.
- 360-degree air intake with 3-layer filtration.
- rated frequency 50/60 Hz.
- HEPA filter with a filtration efficiency of 99.97% for a particle of size up to 0.3 microns.
- Activated carbon filter removes formaldehyde, odor, TVOC, and more.
- The purifier can be controlled by a mobile app and helps in tracking the details from anywhere.
- Avoids unnecessary noises and runs smoothly without disturbance.
Filter needs to be replaced in every 6 months.
PRICE – 8999
- Powerful air purification, front, and 3 ways airflow.
- CADR of 455 cu m/hr.
- The coverage area of 60 sq m.
- Smart detection and digital display with 360-degree moving wheels.
- System of4 step purification.
- 3-direction clean airflow.
- Maintenance is very easy.
Don’t monitor air quality using the mobile app.
PRICE – 33490
DYSON PURE COOL LINK TOWER TP03 AIR PURIFIER
- Intelligent purification.
- The coverage area of 450 sq.ft.
- 360-degree vacuum-sealed glass.
- HEPA filter and activated carbon filter.
- Low maintenance and easily changeable filters.
- The product looks good.
- High airflow.
- Filers are small.
- A fraction of airflow is cleaned.
PRICE – 35900
HONEYWELL AIR TOUCH i8 AIR PURIFIER
- CADR of 300 cu m/hr and covers up to 36 sq.m.
- Do not emit any harmful gases.
- 3-stage advanced filtration and more than 99% efficiency.
- Ultra-durable polycarbonate body.
- three-dimensional airflow design.
Highly durable filters and easy to use with child lock.
Service quality is not good.
PRICE – 25465
MI AIR PURIFIER 3
- HEPA filter with a filtration efficiency of 99.97% for sizes up to 0.3 microns of particles.
- CADR of 380 cu m/hr.
- 3-layer filtration and 360-degree air intake.
- Rated frequency of 50/60 Hz.
- Coverage area up to 484 sqft.
1. The purifier can be controlled by a mobile app and helps in tracking the details from anywhere.
2. Avoids unnecessary noises and runs smoothly without disturbance.
Filer needs t be replaced every 6 months.
PRICE – 10499
PHILIPS 2000 SERIES AC2887/20
- CADR of 333 cu m/hr.
- Removes 99.90% of bacteria and viruses.
- Filters out TVOCs and harmful gases.
- Vitashield intelligent purification.
- Removes 99.99% pollen and house dust.
- The warranty of the product is 2 years.
- Power features are up to 220V.
- CONSThe product has only 2-stage filtration at this product.
- The filter cannot be replaced or cleaned easily.
PRICE – 15499
SHARP FP-J60 M AIR PURIFIER
- An air purifier that captures 99.97% of PM2.5 dust particles.
- H14 class HEPA filter
- CADR of 408 cu m/hr
- The coverage area of 550 sq.ft.
- Power consumption of 48 Watt max.
- Air purification capabilities are excellent.
- Plasmacluster technology works great.
- No app support.
- No indicator of filter life.
PRICE – 27900
BLUE AIR CLASSIC 280i AIR PURIFIER
- CADR OF 340 cu m/hr
- Energy consumption – 20-80 watt
- Air purifier type- HEPA
- Integrated particle and TVOC sensors to calculate indoor pollutants
- Removes 99.97% particles upto 0.1 microns in size
- It is a high-end purifier but still works best according to price.
- No wifi connectivity or timer.
- The Air sensor has to be purchased separately and is quite noisy at the highest settings.
- Compared to classic air purifiers the price is too high.
PRICE – 32500
BEFORE BUYING AN AIR PURIFIER YOU SHOULD KEEP A FEW THINGS IN MIND
- Portable air purifiers are used to cater to one room.
- Before you buy an air purifier note the size and measurement of your room in square meters.
- The quality and type of filter determine the work and show how effective the purifiers are.
- Avoid UV-based models as they have bad effects.
- The cost of air purifier replacement and electricity must be kept in mind.
- you will have to find a purifier with a CADR of at least 300 and any purifier with a CADR of less than 100 is just an expensive fan.
- The filter type is also very important to point out when buying an air purifier. HEPA filters are mostly preferred.
- Always go for a product with less noise.
- Air purifiers also come with a warranty so always go for a purifier with a warranty.
So here was a list of some air purifiers that you can buy according to your choices and budget. Air purifiers are important to clean up the air around our homes and rooms but if you do not think properly before investing in an expensive purifier that does not do its role properly you will have a useless purchase so think and invest.